Skip to main content

Halloween Dangers

By October 31, 2019 Uncategorized

 

Halloween is a fun holiday for all but let us not forget to keep the treats out of reach from our family pets.
Here are a few dangers that lurk around this holiday for our pets.
Chocolate:
There are toxic chemicals present in chocolate that are similar to caffeine. Vomiting, diarrhea, agitation, elevated heart rate and seizures are all symptoms of chocolate ingestion. Chocolate is toxic to both cats and dogs.
Candy:
Many types of candy not only contain high amounts of sugar but also high amounts of fat. This can cause abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. Some candies have a sugar substitute “Xylitol” which can cause a rapid decrease in blood sugar or can cause acute liver failure.
Candy wrappers:
Empty wrappers still have the smell of what was in them. Ingesting these wrappers could cause an intestinal blockage.
Glow sticks:
If your pet chews on and ingests the ingredient found within, it can cause pain and irritation in the mouth and also could present a choking hazard.
Fireworks:
Fireworks are loud and scary for our four legged friend. Also never take your dog to see fireworks.
Safe and secure in their own house is the best place for your pet on Halloween

Leave a Reply